Social media templates are everywhere! From Etsy to Creative Market to content hubs and even inside many membership programs. Our eyes are automatically drawn to the new, pretty & shiny. But is this really going to help fix any of your problems? Probably not.
Tune into this episode to learn about the key things to watch out for when it comes to buying social media templates online.
What To Watch Out For:
- Consider the reason you are attracted to this social media template bundle. Are you struggling with what to post on Instagram? Maybe you think this bundle will help guide your content ideas for the months ahead? There is only one thing that can solve this problem and it’s a strategy plan.
- Next, are you looking for a feed makeover? Maybe a simple way to make your feed more aesthetically pleasing and stand out? Social media templates can be great for that, but only if they are built for you. Keep in mind that using templates can limit originality on the platform. Just changing colors or fonts is simply not enough.
- Finally, remember that these templates are made for the masses. The creator doesn’t know your audience, offerings or products and you likely need something built exclusively for you. Because you are unique friend!
Who Will Social Media Templates Work For?
- Branding experts looking to save time
- Someone extremely proficient in Canva (again, refer to #1, a branding exert)
- A business owner with an extra strong strategy
- Finally, someone with a very clear understanding of their audience.
Don’t use social media templates as a bandaid to a larger issue on Instagram
If you liked today’s episode on The Duo On Air Marketing Podcast, don’t forget to leave us a review & subscribe!
More From The Duo:
Abbey Oslin and Courtney Petersen are Minnesota-based marketing experts, educators, and co-founders of boutique marketing agency Duo Collective, which specializes in SEO, social media strategy, and branding for small business owners and creative entrepreneurs. To learn more about Duo Collective, or to inquire about working with our team, head over to www.duocollective.com.