Entrepreneurship can be lonely. Whether you are a product or service-based business owner, chances are, you work from the comforts of your home. As much as we love staying in our yoga pants, we also crave connections. In fact, as human beings, not just business owners, we desperately need it. That is why we were so excited to have Xanthe on the show. Building community is at the forefront of everything she does with her husband and co-founder of Oh Sierra.
We knew we were going to chat about building a membership for your own business or the importance of joining one. However, we didn’t expect the learn about all the ways we can incorporate community into our everyday lives, taking off that CEO hat for a moment. How can we genuinely connect with our community in a way that feels good? That is what this episode is all about!
What can you expect to hear in this episode?
- Tell us about your own community, The Table. How did you first get the vision for this?
- In running this online community for a while now, what have you learned from your current members?
- How do you think we can change the perspective on the word “networking”? What does networking mean to you?
- Community memberships are the hottest new business trend right now, do you think this is something everyone should consider adding to their business? Who is it best suited for?
- We imagine that engagement is probably the hardest part of managing an online community. How do you cultivate engaged and loyal members?
If you liked today’s episode on The Duo On Air Marketing Podcast, don’t forget to leave us a review & subscribe!
Meet Xanthe Appleyard from Oh Sierra
Xanthe Appleyard is a co-founder of Oh Sierra alongside her husband, Frank. She is a creative, mentor, and speaker with a passion to share why communication is equally important to building your brand as visuals are. Together, they call themselves “Catalysts for Possibility” because they are living proof that when there’s a will, there’s a way. They’ve taken leaps to purchase property in Tulum for Oh Sierra Swim Club, constantly traveled to work in new destinations and they are never afraid to pivot when new opportunities arise.
More from the Duo
Sign Up for Tuesday Tips and Sips Newsletter
Abbey Oslin and Courtney Petersen are Minnesota-based marketing experts, educators, and co-founders of boutique marketing agency Duo Collective, which specializes in SEO, social media strategy, and branding for small business owners and creative entrepreneurs. To learn more about Duo Collective, or to inquire about working with our team, head over to www.duocollective.com.
To inquire about being a guest on Duo On Air, please fill out this application form.
And to submit a topic or a question for next week’s episode, send us a DM on Instagram! See you on Monday!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment